Please read and understand all of the information on this web page prior to your arrival at KATEMCY ROCKS.
We want all visitors to have a positive experience at our park; understanding and abiding by these rules and regulations are the first step.
KATEMCY ROCKS RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. No alcohol on the trails. No exceptions, no refunds. If you violate this rule you will be asked to leave the property without a refund of your money.
2. No illegal drugs. This will result in immediate expulsion from the park and local law enforcement will be called to the scene.
3. No pets. Dogs will not be allowed at K2. This is the landowner's request.
4. No night wheeling. You must be in camp before the gates close at dusk. If your vehicle cannot make it back to camp before dusk you must come to camp and inform Shain or Randy of your situation. Your vehicle will be fine on the trail overnight and you can return to it as soon as the gates open the following morning.
5. No destruction of trees, bushes, or moving of large rocks. If there is a tree, bush, boulder, etc. that prevents your travel on the trail because your vehicle is too wide/tall/short, under-equipped, disabled, etc. you cannot remove, destroy, or damage the tree, boulder, etc. without prior approval of Shain or Randy.
6. No wheeling alone. IF you receive permission to wheel without a trail guide, you must have at least two vehicles in your group.
7. All vehicle occupants must wear seat belts at any time the vehicle is in motion.
8. Do not drive in the stock tanks, ponds, or creek crossings unless a designated trail enters a creek crossing.
9. Do not create your own trails without the express permission of Randy or Shain.
10. Do not travel through closed gates. Certain portions of this ranch are off limits to four wheeling. Do not enter these closed pastures.
11. Clean up any spills of fluids of fuel by you or your group.
13. No loud music after 12:00 midnight.
14. Loud or disruptive behavior after 12:00 midnight may be grounds for your expulsion.
15. No ATVs, UTVs, or motorcycles.
16. Except on special events, wheeling hours are Saturday 8:30 a.m. until dark, Sunday 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
17. Do not litter. This is a pack-in/pack-out facility. Do not leave your trash, including cigarette butts, on the trail. Pack out your trash that your create at camp.
18. All guests MUST sign a release upon entering the premises.
19. Tread Lightly!
If you violate any of these rules you will be asked to leave the property without a refund of your money. If you break any rule or exhibit improper behavior that results in the injury of another person you will be permanently ejected and banned from the property.
KATEMCY ROCKS MANDITORY VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS
1. A properly anchored roll cage is MANDATORY on any vehicle attempting any level 4 or higher rated trail. Drivers of vehicles observed on 4+ trails without a roll cage will be asked to leave the premises.
2. Roll bars and/or factory metal hard tops are minimum mandatory requirements on all trail vehicles for any level trail. Vehicles a factory hardtop or roll bar but no roll cage are permitted only on 1-3 rated trails. Open top vehicles without roll bars are not permitted on any trails.
3. Seat belts for all vehicle occupants at any time the vehicle is in motion.
4. Any vehicle determined to be unsafe on the trail by either Randy or Shain will not be allowed on the trails.
The following items are not required, but it is suggested that you have the following:
• High Lift jack/bottle jack
• Self recovery equipment (tow strap, tree saver, snatch block, etc...)
• First aid kit
• Spare parts (driveshaft u-joints, axle shaft u-joints, Hubs, drive shafts, tie rods, etc...)
• Tire plugs
• Fire extinguisher
• Clean up rags, oil absorbing towels